My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I may or may not be turning into a cat...

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Bored out of my mind

That's right, out of my mind. I'm working in a computer lab on campus and it's Conference weekend (General Conference, a semiannual thingy the Mormon church does, for my non-Mormon readers) which means this computer lab is EMPTY. Yes, I get paid to sit here and do nothing. At the same time, there is nothing to do. I'm not really complaining because this is a sweet job and I love it, but I guess this is just my way of telling you that this post has little point.

I am right now listening to a "Rockin' Out" playlist that I made today, largely full of songs that I have been introduced to through Guitar/Band Hero. For years and years I didn't understand why Guitar Hero was so freakin' popular, but then I was introduced to it maybe a month or two ago and now I have seen the light. It is fun. It doesn't have the story-driven appeal of most of my favorite video games but it has a huge wish-fulfillment aspect. Who hasn't wanted to be a rock star, at least a little bit? That's right, no one. And Guitar Hero does a superb job of simulating the guitar playing experience. Also, when I played Band Hero, I realized how fun it is to do vocals (at least on songs that I know). I just hope I don't annoy those I play with too much...

Anyway, my experience with Guitar Hero has a) introduced me to a lot of new music that I might otherwise have never listened to and b) made me much more physically emotive when listening to music, which I'm sure has earned me many weird looks on campus when I am listening to Vergil (my iPod). So this morning, after last night's Band Hero session with some fine, fine people, I went on iTunes and got some of my favorite songs that I've heard from Guitar/Band Hero and put them and a few other appropriate songs on a playlist that I have dubbed "Rockin' Out." And since the computer lab is pretty much empty I can be much more physically emotive than I would usually be. That is what I'm doing. Eventually I might actually do something productive...Ha, yeah right. Hope things are going well for you all. I'm going back to rockin' out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Anne said...

Why didn't you watch Conference?

Sunday, April 04, 2010  
Blogger Meg said...

I did, but there was time before and after sessions.

Sunday, April 04, 2010  
Blogger eks said...

hahahahahaha! You sound reeeeeeeeely bored... Guess what? So am I! As in, not doing homework! WOO!!

Sunday, April 04, 2010  
Blogger The Erin said...

Boredom sucks. Good thing I came along, or you might have stayed that way the entire time. We sure do know how to abuse our rolly chair privileges :D

Monday, April 05, 2010  
Blogger Meg said...

Those rolly chairs didn't know what hit them.

Monday, April 05, 2010  
Blogger Lindsay Anne said...

You've got to watch out not to hit any vents in the rolly chairs though. Otherwise embarrassing things might happen (of course I don't know that from personal experience--I wasn't fooling around, however, I was actually helping someone at the time).

Tuesday, April 06, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

I assure you your vocals o not throw off my Guitar Hero Groove nearly as much as Grant my roommate's ridiculously loud drumming, or Traeden belting Iron Maiden into my ear.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home